I remember fondly shelling peas with my next door neighbour when I was a child. Back then everyone in our street had veggies growing in their back garden which usually meant a good supply of sweet fresh uncooked peas...Delicious! I love peas but some may not...but I am here to ask you to give peas a chance and have included a few recipes to help you on your way to a Meatless Monday.
|Lemon Ginger Peas recipe at Meatless Monday|
|10 Vegetarian Recipes For Delicious Spring Peas at BlissTree|
Meatless Monday timeline
- Meatless Monday began in 2003, with the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.
- In 2009, cities outside of the USA started to go meatless.
- Paul, Stella and Mary McCartney launched the Meat Free Monday campaign in the U.K.
- 2013 we joined in by blogging about meatless Monday
- Meatless Monday now active in 36 countries and growing.